Thursday 8 December 2016

Prop Practical- Knife

Prop Practical- Knife
 
I decided to do a  prop practical in prep before we start filming. I deconstructed the mise en scene in a range of urban drama films. I found that common props used within these films was knifes, guns and baseball bats. I then had a look around to see if there's any props in my house which could be used for our trailer, this is what I found.
 
I found this knife which is my brothers, its a pocket knife which is used in urban dramas and commonly carried around by members in a gang. I feel however that the knife looks  to clean so id have to make it look slightly dirtier or worn out for our filming to look more realistic.
 
 
The knife could potentially be used within out trailer as it fits in with the common convection's of props used within it. My group and I will have a look for more props as more then one knife can be shown during the violent scene. I will also look for other potential props such as a realistic gun and baseball bat.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment