Tuesday 10 January 2017

Editing practical - Part 2

Sound is another key part of the post production phase. To make the piece emotive and to really bring out the emotions of the viewer sound and sound tracks must be incorporated into this. As the practical task I am doing is an AMV (anime music video) I have chosen to not include any diegetic sound and just link the music to the visuals. this brings up many problems the first is that if there is no dialogue it means that people may not understand the story behind what is going on. this is why I chose to do a fight sequence as all the viewer needs to know is that they are fighting each other.

Another problem is that the music must be tailored to the video. this was the hardest and most time consuming thing. I did not have the time or equipment to make my own music. this meant that I had to use an already  existing piece. I chose one of my favour songs, the reason behind this was because I knew the breakdown of the song. I could feel the beats knew what the lyrics were and the feel of the song fits in with the video. After selecting the song I went on to edit the song. I first downloaded the sound track and then pasted it into and over the top of the footage. I then went step by step in editing, stretching videos, cutting them and more. I made sure that certain beats feel on the new shot. one of the more advance things I did was to make the screen glitch to black really fast on certain beats and intensify the visuals.

There are still some problems with it. Where my computer didn't have enough process power so some of the shots that I had cropped where not cropped completely. the frames of fade didn't come up on my computer but did in the high resolution video. I will have to keep this in mind when I edit. Also I had to go back multiple times for the same reasons as subtitles came up in the same places for miler seconds ruining the video. All of these things must be worked on when I go back to editing.


This was a very hard task to do and took a lot of time and effort. I was very happy with the results of the video. This made me learn a lot about editing and all the techniques that I have used can help me to make sure that the editing I use in the final, final piece is perfect and looks very professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment