Thursday 9 February 2017

Website construction - Part 2

  Website Construction

Firstly I started off by selecting a blank template, so that I am able to edit and create the website exactly in the way I want to. I used the minimal layout template as this is the simplistic style I am going for. 



I then proceeded to add the background video to the home page. This video included the main character of the film sitting at the train station as a train passes, and I will have this playing in a loop.


I then experimented with the text. I used the same font for the title 'OFF THE RAILS' that we used in our teaser trailer in order to connect the site to the trailer. I also added a navigation bar and changed the colour to green.


Next I added the critic reviews by inserting the stars and changing their colour to green to fit in with the colour scheme. Under these stars are the reviews in bold writing and in white.


I then decided to make the colour scheme white and green, also conforming to the stereotype of urban dramas using bright colours in their colour schemes. I changed the title to white and added the 'expand in' animation to make it more interactive and to catch the viewer attention more.




Here I managed to align the title and text so that it looks more professional and so that nothing looks out of place. I also added our trailer into the website and we are left with the finished website down below:


Website link: https://invictayear13.wixsite.com/offtherails1



No comments:

Post a Comment