Wednesday 5 October 2016

Location Practical

Location Practical 

After doing some research on locations in urban drama films I found the most commons ones to be, parks and estates.  There's a park and field behind where I live, these are some of the images which I have taken.
I took this long shot of a field with a football goal, I can imagine this shot used within our film opening as its a location which is seen to be used in other urban dramas.

In this image we can see a park, a park is a common location used in urban dramas for example Kidulthood. 


This picture I took of a basket ball net and park in the back ground commonly seem in social realism films, reflecting social issues in society in ours will be with the youth and this is where they may be commonly seen.

I took this picture as it could be a nice shot used in our urban drama opening. I made this shot darker then the rest as it was quite light and urban dramas usually have dark lighting.

In these last two pictures of alleyways, I found in other urban dramas some alleyway shots are used as well.


After doing some more location scouting our group may find other locations which we may like better. However this could be a potential area which we use as its a common location being a park and alleyway which are used in urban dramas. I also made the lighting darker in every picture as i found they were all too light and didn't work with the genre which usually has dark lighting, this is something  we may have to consider when filming if we choose to use this as one of our locations in our trailer. We'd have to do a practice first where wed film some shots in this location and then do some editing on it and see how the lighting and location looks, we'd then know for sure whether to film our actual footage in this location. To improve this for next time I'd find some public transport locations as these are often seen within urban dramas for example a bus stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment