Friday 28 October 2016

Sound effects deconstruction

Sound effects deconstruction 

Gun sound effects created using audacity: 

In this screenshot I have imported the audio clip of a gun firing two shots and the clips dropping on the floor, onto the editing software 'audacity'. I downloaded this sound effect from the website http://finalcutking.com/gun-sound-fx-pack/

After importing the file I decided to mess around with the treble and bass in order to get closer to the sound i wanted. I went to effects and clicked 'Bass and treble' to get to the page in the picture/ I then disabled the level control and increased the bass from 0 to 5.5 dB and also the treble from 0 to 19 dB in order to give it a more realistic and deeper gunshot sound.

I then decided to change the speed of the audio by clicking effects and this time opening the 'Change speed' tab. I then changed the speed from 1.0 to 0.7 and the percent change was then -30,000. Changing to this cause the audio to be noticeably slower and a bit deeper to give it the realistic effect in which I was trying to create. The edited and unedited gunshot sound effects can both be heard by clicking play down-below:
The original:



The edited version:


Punching sound effects:




Firstly in order to create the sound effect I was looking for, I decided to do the most simple thing I could think of which was to record the sound of my fist hitting my other hand. This partially created what i needed and acted as a base for my sound effect. 



This sound bit is the final product of the punching sound effect I was trying to create above. In order to create this effect all i needed to do was put my unedited sound effect into audacity then proceed to, increase the level of treble and i then had to distort the sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment