Thursday 24 November 2016

Location practical


This will be my second location practical. I have to do multiple practical's this is because we will have so many different locations in our trailer. During the fast paced cuts between different scenes we will need at least 16 different locations. This is because every shot is done at a different time in the storyline of the real film meaning we will need to do the same. During this location practical I have to think about the parts of the story where deals are involved.

These scenes will include the drug deals and gang meets. For this sort of context I needed to find somewhere quiet. This is because this is the underbelly of society and they will need to stay hidden and out of sight by anyone so they can do this illegal deal. For this sort of setting I thought it would be quite dirty and also a bit dark. It would also have to be very urban looking and should contain graffiti. All of these things came into my decision when picking a location but I think I found one that suits this description.





These are the pictures that I gathered from the location. This is under Sainsbury's bridge in Maidstone and I thought that this would be a really good location to use. It has both dirt parts and concrete parts. It also has loads of rubbish showing the urban in the environment. To add to this there is graffiti everywhere that would suit the ascetics in the camera shots. What adds to the shot is the memorial there from a guy who died there who was homeless. This is a really powerful thing that we could use in our shots to highlight the real life problems with gangs and the deaths that they face in day to day life. This location could be used very effectively overall.

However despite this there is a problem. Because it is under a bridge it can get very dark. When I first went there the lighting was really low and it was hard to take picture that were good. I went back between 12 and 1 when the sun was at its brightest and highest to take these pictures. This shows me that filming with this location can be really hard. I would need to consider other things as well or at least plan to record the scenes during the mid day time so the sun is the brightest. But despite this I feel that this would be a good location to use and could give some really effective and emotive shots.




No comments:

Post a Comment