Wednesday 2 November 2016

Sound Effects Practical

Sound Effects Practical 

For our urban drama trailer we need to include some different sound effects to make it sound more realistic. The sounds I have decided to create is a car alarm and a lighter sound. A car alarm sound is used within urban dramas as it could be do to with crime, someone trying to break into a car. The lighter can be used for smoking and drug taking often seen and used within urban dramas.

This was the first sound is the car alarm. I found this sound on you tube as my car alarm wouldn't go off after a number of attempts of trying to set it off. I looked up car alarms on YouTube and found the one which allowed people to use it in their videos this was so I had the makers permission and wasn't copyrighting. I then converted the sound to an mp3 and uploaded it to sound cloud where I embedded it in the HTML. The sound could be used in our trailer to show a 'gang' or reckless teens trying to break into or steal a car, indicating crime to the viewer commonly show in urban drama films. 




The second sound which I created is a lighter sound. To create this sound i recorded me sparking the flint, I tested out a few different lighters to see which one sounded the best the one I chose was a clipper as you could clearly hear it. I then place it near my phone where i recorded the sound. Once recorded I uploaded the video to you tube and converted it to an mp3, uploaded it to sound cloud again and embedded it into the HTML. This sound would be useful in our trailer as a lot of smoking and drug taking is shown within urban dramas, the sound of the flint sparking would make the sound louder, if we show a clip of someone sparking a lighter it may not be so clear to hear if recorded outside, this sound would make it louder as wed overlap it on top of the clip.


By doing these sound effects i am now able to potentially use them within our trailer. This will make it more realistic as well making it more dramatic. However if i was to do this again I'd make the sound of the lighter clearer so you could hear it slightly better and another sound like a police car siren, overall I am happy with how the sound turn out and the car alarm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment