Thursday 29 December 2016

Editting Practical - Part 1

Editing is going to be a key part of the post production of our trailer. Editing can make a trailer look amateurish if done wrong but can also make footage that doesn't have much context looks bad look amazing and change the emotion seen in shoots. Because of this I want to practice and make sure that my editing looks professional. This means I need take make sure shots flow seamlessly between each other so are not jumpy. I also need to make sure that sounds and sound tracks go well with the footage I have got. All of these things and more must be looked into and practiced before I go on to edit my piece.

In this blog I will be exploring editing footage alone. To experiment and practice this I downloaded a short sequence for a show I love and then went on to cut the clip into all of the individual shots in it. This was the first step in developing the clip into something that I want. Each individual section was then moved around and placed where I wanted them. I made sure that the editing was still continues but clips that I didn't want or didn't need where removed.


Another thing I did with was to speed up and slow down footage. In windows movie maker there is a setting that allows you to play the footage at times whatever speed. This really helped me in the editing because it allowed me to put certain parts in slow motion to add to the effect. Another thing I had to do was to add special effects. the programme I was using wasn't very good at these editing points so I had to make do with what I had. But the special effects I did use were pulled off effectively.



Clips that were removed were often done so because they featured subtitles. This is because the show is in Japanese as it is a anime and I didn't want the white writing at the bottom of the screen because there was to be no speaking anyway. When removing the speaking at first I wanted to keep the sound effects in. I later changed my mind though because I only wanted a song of my choice to be heard there to fully submerse the viewer into the music. this meant I detached the audio and then deleted it from the original clips.









No comments:

Post a Comment