Thursday 29 December 2016

Prop Practical

Another prop that will need to be reflected on are the knives or knife that will be displayed in the film. This prop will have to thought about very deeply because the problem faced around it. When first thinking about a knife we must considered the people using it and what its for. As it will be used by a aging member it cannot be something like a bread knife. It will be used to intimidate or even harm, somebody this means it will have to look scary and sharp. Because of this we were already hit by a problem. If we were to film a scary knife we would have to do it on private property. This is because we cannot film outside with a giant knife in public because we could get arrested or disturbed the publics peace of mind. This automatically means that the scenes we film with it must be at the safety of our own house or garden.

After we have sorted the location of filming we must chose I knife to use. I got many of the knives in my house and documented which ones I thought would be the best to use. And here is what I came up with.

Below this on the left is the first knife I looked at. I thought it looked like something a criminal would use to harm somebody. It is a big knife used for cutting meat that I got in America. It is cut out of one piece of metal so cannot be retracted or sheaved and is also very heavy. As I highlighted before none of these weapons would be aloud to be taken out of the safety of my house or back garden so if we were to use them they would have to be filmed on my property. This knife could be used effectively just because of the sheer juggernaut look to it and the fear it would induce.




 














The second knife that I thought would be effective is the scout survival knife seen below. This looks a lot more tactical and is used for survival tactics. The colour wave is red and black and this makes the over all look of the knives one of a foreboding nature. The other good thing about this knife is that it has a flick blade contraption which allows the knife blade to be flicked out. This of course will not be aloud to be taken out the house and will have to filmed in my house or garden. But apart from this both knives could be used in very effective ways in the film trailer.


No comments:

Post a Comment