Wednesday 4 January 2017

Prop creation - Fake Marijuana

Prop creation - Fake Marijuana 

For this task I am going to show how I created the fake weed in which we displayed in our piece. 

Equipment used:
  • Small baggy 
  • Thyme
  • Mixed Herbs
  • Green food dye
  • Parsley  
I firstly mixed up the mixed herbs and the thyme in order to see if the this would look similar to marijuana. However, the texture of this end product was similar to that of weed however the colour was not and it did not look very effective.

Following this,I thought the use of green food dye would have been effective, however this was not the case, in turn the use of the dye caused the end product to look very unrealistic and artificial. 

Due to this I searched through my kitchen cupboard in order to find a more simple solution in which I could use to resemble weed, in a more realistic way. In doing this I came across Parsley, which is a common herb found in most households. 

In my opinion this is very effective as it very much looks like weed. It looks like weed that has been through the grinding process. It also has the green colour; which means i do not have to add any food colouring.  

Pictures of Fake Marijuana:



















To conclude this post, we could use parsley as a prop for fake marijuana due to its clear resemblance to the substance. in order to use this for a drug deal we need to put the parsley in a mini sized bag to symbolise weed in a baggie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment