Wednesday 18 January 2017

Website Construction

Website Construction

Firstly I created an account for our film 'Off the rails' filling in the relevant information wix.com required. I was given a default website with multiple pages. I then deleted these pages and changed colours, and the format of the page in order to make it accustom to our idea.

I then proceeded to play around with features of the website, this can be seen in the picture above. I made the background of the website a clip from our trailer until we film the specific video for the website. I also went with a simple but effective colour scheme of black and white.


I then added 2 blank pages to the website, named 'Gallery' and 'Behind the scenes' in order to make it look like a realistic movie website with a home page that does not require the viewer to scroll and also other pages that are easily accessible through the navigation bar. 



With gaining a further understanding of the website 'wix.com' I realised that there were two ways to create a website, one being 'Wix ADi' and 'Wix Editor'. 

Using the 'Wix ADi' website I realised that it has a limited customisation and was focused more on templates and giving the user the ease when creating their website. However this means that I wasn't able to include all of the features I wanted; for the website to look as professional as possible.

In order to remedy this situation, I then proceeded to use 'wix editor'.






No comments:

Post a Comment