Wednesday 8 February 2017

Editing Practical- Typography/Titles

Editing Practical- Typography/Titles

Within our teaser trailer I was assigned the role of sorting out the typography and titles. We didn't need many titles in our piece as we have a voice over explaining what is going on. However we did need to include some at the end of our trailer.
First of all I looked at different effects that could be used as our text appears at the end, we picked the one we thought would be most effective which was 'Dramatic'. This allows the text to come in quite sudden which works with the end of our trailer which is fast paced.


Luckily I had already down loaded the font that we have chosen to use throughout our promotional package that is 'Bebas Neue' also being a conventional font to our gene. The first title we wanted to include was the title of our piece that is 'Off The Rails'. 

I then added in the second text which was 'Coming Soon' as its a tease trailer. We thought that it was a bit too fast and you didn't have enough time to read them so we tried blading it half way through and adding in black so that it took longer for the second title to appear. However this didn't work, we then tried dragging out the 'Dramatic' effect making it longer this work and will allow the viewer to be able to read our titles.


I am happy with how the titles look in our teaser trailer, I'm pleased that we have used the same font throughout our work as our audience will be able to identify our package as a whole by us used the same text, colour schemes and image. If I was to do this again I'd like to experiment with more titles,  overall I am happy with our typography and text in our teaser trailer and am excited to see what the finishing product will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment