Tuesday 7 February 2017

Lighting practcial

During the filming off our piece we were confronted with some problems when filming. Because of the time of our filming during the end of the filming shots the lighting became dark and some shots were not completely visible. If these shots were to be put into the end sequence it would reduce the professional quality of the trailer. This then meant we would either have to re-film these shots or edit them to make it brighter.

I went online and found a tutorial for making the shots brighter. I then applied this to the shots to make it brighter. the ones that it worked effectively on we kept and the ones that still looked dark we got ride off. I started his procedure by choosing the clip that was dark. I then went of the editing settings and went to colour and brightness. Here I could select and see how brightness and colour seen in the shot. Here I made sure that full brightness was selected both in the shot and also on the mac I was using.

The tools we used are seen in the top right of this picture. They aloud me to manipulate the colour and brightness in multiple shots which allowed us to raise the brightness in the low key lighting shots


After this has been done I went on to the actual editing of the footage. I had to select the second clip that I would use as a sort of colour palate but for brightness. I selected a brighter shot and then merged the two shots of brightness. This was done in final cut using the tool bar to the right of the screen when the shots have been selected. This resulted in the darker shot becoming brighter. This was good for the shots that were dark but I also found that it did not work for all shots. This meant that we will either have to scrap certain shots or I will have to re film them


This is the shot that use to be very dark but now it can be made out clearly because of the lighting editing that was applied




No comments:

Post a Comment