Sunday 12 February 2017

Website practical

Website Practical
 
After we had taken the photos for our website images and videos we finally decided on the right one for our website. The one that we chose was  of our protagonist sat at the train station. It was  the same image used on our poster apart from there is a train that moves in front of him was not included so we could see the protagonist clearly. One of my group members uploaded the moving image to the website wix page. We the went on and created tabs and social media links which led to other pages when clicked on.  We then took on the role of editing the text to the same one used throughout our poster and trailer. We also had to consider the colour of the text and the positioning which all feel into place when we started editing the web page.


We had already chosen a font to use from our poster so selecting a new one was not an issue. We reused the font 'Bebas Neue'. I then selected the font and typed out the name we had selected for of our film. 'Off the rails' was then written into the text block. I adjusted the size of the text and placed it in the top centre of our website, making It black so that it stands out. It was placed on a white background so it could easily be made out and seen.

I then went on to sort the tabs. I changed the font size as well as the font. I also changed as  the colour. I changed the colour from the original black to green as this is our chosen colour for our colour theme. I made sure the tabs were not very big as they needed to be smaller then the title. we also incorporated a change in colour when the tabs had been open. The colour changed from green to a dark green when they had been selected.


As a group we then started adding in the critics reviews. I added the same ones in from our poster however as a group we decided not to put in the stars. This was because we felt this wasn't needed on our website. the reason I chose the colour green was because the viewers wouldn't be able to see it  properly if the colour was black due to the background. I also added in our age rating which is 18 in the bottom right colour. After this I added in another critic review. I placed this one  just above the other one in the same colour, font and size. I also added in our chosen production company. I chose to place this in the opposite corner to our age rating. This is the same layout to our poster design so people will be able to see the similarities and aid them to remember it.




After this stage I then added in the stars for our critic reviews. I went onto  the shapes tool where I found a start the would look right and represented the normal stars used in media posters. After this had been done I adjusting it to the right size and  copied and pasted it multiple times so all the stars would be identical. After I had pasted all the starts in the correct places I made sure there was 5 on the top review and 4 on the bottom as this is the same as our poster.

I then changed the colour of the starts to green to match our theme colour. I selected the colour used throughout the website so it would be all the same green. I then decided that it didn't look right having the starts and review the same colour, so I changed it to white being the same as our poster. This was very effective and changed the overall piece for the better as the stars became very identifiably.



This is what the final finished website looked like after all the final preparations and changes were finilesed onto the website. As a group we were very  happy with it. We were especially happy with the moving image as it was shot very well and everything was in frame. It brought the whole piece together and kept it interesting.





No comments:

Post a Comment