Friday 30 September 2016

Editing Task: The Woods

Editing Task: The Woods 

We were set the task of editing a 2:30 minute trailer by a previous A level media group named 'The Woods' and improving it by decreasing the amount of time so that it fits the description of a teaser trailer and so that all of the unnecessary footage or clips are taken out of the video. 


Firstly I started off by getting rid of unnecessary clips, and then matched them so that they still run in a fluid motion. I was abl
e to do this by placing the orange time marker just before where I want to cut, and then used the blade tool in order to shorten the clips.  
I chose to cut down the timings of clips such as this one as there was not a lot of action happening and therefore should not be used in the teaser trailer as it would not attract the viewer and may even make them bored. 
Next, i cut out parts of the credits that I viewed as unnecessary as a blackout screen at the end for about 10 seconds which was definitely not needed.. I used the blade tool again and shorten down the clips.
Due to us cutting and slicing the trailer, we realised that the sound didn't match up to the footage. In order to change this, I imported the full trailer and detached the audio and deleted the full trailer. 
I was then able to match up the sound correctly with the new clips. I had to shorten down edit the audio accurately for it to work well. As the trailer uses two different types of sound, I had cut out a lot of audio in the middle where the soundtrack changes and i then had to match them up. To do this i had to look at where the clip changed to be darker from the start which is when the music also changes. In order to make it work, I faded out the end of the first soundtrack and faded it in to the second one. Instead of the music becoming slower it now ends loudly which still works well as it crackles in time with the 'coming soon' appearing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment