Tuesday 8 November 2016

Own Production Company

Own Production Company 

For this task I made my own production company, the first thing I did was look at other production companies used at the start of urban drama films. I then chose the name I was going to use which was 'Waterwork Productions' I chose this name as it wasn't an obvious genre for example if I used the name 'Horror House Productions' then this would be an obvious production company for a horror film.

I then decided that I was going to film a running tap in my house, I looked at different taps and chose the best one which was in my bath. I then saw a trailer of water running down the bath which looked interesting so I film it. I did lots of different shots and videos where I narrowed down the best one which was filming the tap following the trail down. After I uploaded the video to YouTube where I converted it to a mp4 and imported it to final cut pro where I started editing.


I imported the clip where I began editing the first thing I did was edit the clip so that the colours were more of a blue harsher colour, I also made it brighter but making the darker elements stand out. I then added the text which was 'WATERWORK PRODUCTIONS' I did this in capitals as it looked better with the text I chose. I made the text black and bolder so it stood our better with the white background, I got the text to fade in and out as it looked better. I them realised you couldn't here the sound very well, I tried to look on YouTube for running tap sounds however none of them matched the clip right. I detached the audio where I edited it to make it louder.


    
This was my final piece.
If I was to do this again I'd make sure my hand was steadier this would be by possibly using a tripod. I'd also make sure that the sound was clearer, however I am happy with how it turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment